We’re sitting around enjoying these Zucchini Carrot Apple muffins for breakfast on this drizzly grey morning, so I thought I’d share the recipe. I find it tedious scrolling through a whole long blog post when all you’re really interested in is the food part, so here you go: delicious healthy-ish muffins that are keeping my two kids quiet and content enough for me to post.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- about 1/4 c. honey or sweetener of your choice (use more if you like a sweeter treat)
- 2 cup flour (I used spelt, could use whatever you prefer or have on hand)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup applesauce (or shredded apples – I didn’t have any)
- In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini, apple, carrot, honey, eggs, and oil.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Dump contents in with wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Don’t overstir!
- (**Secret step** pour half the batter back into your other bowl and add chocolate chips for the big kids. Must take all measures to be discreet — it is imperative the 16 month old not know there is an alternate chocolate version.)
- Fill your muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are firm when you tap the tops.
Eat em up with nice yellow butter for breakfast.