Eat your pie kids! The last time I made this the whole thing disappeared in one evening. Perfect.
Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 lg sweet potato
- 1 lg carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. milk/almond milk
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- dash sea salt
1. Peel and chop sweet potato & carrot, toss into a pot with about 1 inch of water in the bottom and steam about 10 min or until soft.
2. Mash the veggies and stir in all ingredients (I like to use my immersion hand blender – super tool! – but can just whisk until combined).
*add honey just to your taste – you may prefer to use less since the vegetables are sweet and pie spices add to the dessert flavour.
3. Grease a pie dish with butter or coconut oil & pour mixture in.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 min or until firm on top and golden brown around the edges (glass dishes are nice because you can peek at the bottom to make sure you’re not burning).